What is a deflector panel and what is it used for?


A deflector panel is made of HDPE panels, stainless steel brackets, and mounting hardware. This panel is attached to the inside of the wet well in front of the inlet pipe. As water flows in, the panel diverts the incoming flow to the bottom of the wet well. High or moderate flows of cascading water can damage the pumps and other in-well system components, but a deflector panel protects these elements by redirecting the inflow. In the case of low flow systems, Romtec Utilities will supply a drop bowl to serve the same purpose.