Valley Knolls – Carson City, NV – Wastewater Lift Station
Wastewater Lift Station Project Description
Carson City is the capital of Nevada while also being very close to Lake Tahoe, a popular vacation destination. Carson City is about 30 minutes south of Reno, Nevada and is on the eastern edge of the Carson Range, which is a branch of the Sierra Nevada Mountain range.
The Valley Knolls Development is located in north Douglas County at the east end of Topsy Lane. It will have up to 178 single family units and 96 triplex units.
The development also includes a community center and recreational facilities to enhance the community livability.
The project required a new wastewater station to service the new housing development.
Romtec Utilities worked with KDH Builders on performing the first phases of the lift station. Romtec Utilities was brought this project by Manhard after performing on the previous Douglas County development project: Clear Creek.
The station is very similar to the Clear Creek development in Carson City , but this one is a multi-phase project starting with approximately 100 GPM pumps and working up to 900-1000 GPM pumps. Douglas County in Nevada will be the end owner of the lift station.
Peek Brothers was the general contractor who also installed the lift station on behalf of the developer KDH Builders. The site engineer was Manhard Consulting while the electrical engineer was Jensen Electric.
Romtec Utilities has worked with developers all over the country on housing projects like Valley Knolls. We design, manufacture, and supply wastewater pump stations for these types of developments on a regular basis and have the expertise to deliver your next pump system.
Package Pump Station Design
The wastewater lift station features:
– Precast 12′ ID x 21.75′ deep wet well
– Precast 816 VV w/ 4″, 6″, 8″ piping and valves
– Phase 1: Duplex 11hp Flygt Submersible Pumps
– Phase 2: Duplex 23 HP Flygt Submersible Pumps
– Phase 3: Duplex 34 hp Flygt Submersible Pumps
– Primary Controller: SCADAPAK 350 PLC
– Primary Level Sensing: MJK 2100 Pressure Transducer FMX21
– Backup Level Sensing – (5) MJK 7030 Floats
– NEMA 3R MCC
DUTY POINT: 117 GPM @ 105′ TDH
What Romtec Utilities Provided
- Pump Station Design & Engineering
- Package Pump Station Supplier
- Package Pump Station Manufacturer
- On-Site Construction Adviser
- On-Site Start-Up Management