City of Los Angeles – Wastewater Pump Station
Wastewater Pump Station Project Description
Sun Valley is a part of the City of Los Angeles which has a population of 3.9 million people. Sun Valley is just north of Hollywood, the Los Angeles Zoo, Dodger Stadium, and Universal Studios Hollywood.
The Sun Valley Transfer Site project is owned by the Waste Management Company.
Romtec Utilities has worked with David Evans on a variety of previous pumping systems including Union Pacific Railroad Alton and Southern Yard. David Evans has several locations and provides land development, water and environmental engineering services along with other sectors.
Cal Empire Engineering Inc. was the installation contractor. Cal Empire is based out of Corona, California, and is a leader in all facets of underground construction specializing in horizontal directional drilling solutions.
Wastewater Pump Station Design
The wastewater lift station features:
– Precast 5′ ID x 20.66′ deep wet well
– Precast 660 Valve Vault
– Duplex 5hp Ebara Submersible Pumps
– Primary Controller: Unitronics V570
– Primary Level Sensing: Pressure Transducer FMX21
– Secondary Level Sensing: (2) NOLTA Floats MS1
– NEMA 3R Painted Steel Enclosure
What Romtec Utilities Provided
- Pump Station Design & Engineering
- Package Pump Station Supplier
- Package Pump Station Manufacturer
- On-Site Construction Adviser
- On-Site Start-Up Management